Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD) Database 3
The NAFLD Database 3 will enroll approximately 1500 adult patients and 750 pediatric patients suspected or known to have NAFLD or NASH-related cirrhosis. To elucidate, through the cooperative effort of a multidisciplinary and multicenter group of collaborators, the etiology, natural history, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of NAFLD, and in particular its more severe form of NASH and its complications.
• 2 years of age or older as of the initial screening interview and provision of consent
• Willingness to participate in the study for 1 or more years
• Histologic evidence of NAFLD or NASH based upon a standard of care liver biopsy
• Collection of serum and plasma up to 90 days before or 4- 90 days after standard of care liver biopsy
• Absence of regular or excessive use of alcohol within 2 years prior to initial screening