Effect of Vitamin D Supplementation on Autoimmunity and Thyroid Function in Subjects With Hashimoto's Thyroiditis and Vitamin D Deficiency: Clinical Pilot Trial.
The objective of this study is to evaluate the effect of vitamin D supplementation on thyroid autoimmunity, thyroid function, and other metabolic and clinical variables associated with the thyroid axis in patients with Hashimoto's thyroiditis and vitamin D deficiency.
• women between 18-45 years old (pre-menopausal stage)
• men between 18-60 years old
• BMI between 18.5-34.9 kg/ m2
• medical diagnosis of Hashimoto's thyroiditis
• treatment with levothyroxine (LT4) with stable dose (from four months from the start of the intervention)
• positive antithyroid antibody (peroxidase and/or thyroglobulin)
• serum 25 (OH) D levels <20 ng / ml.