Tibetree Pain-Relieving Plaster for Musculoskeletal Pain Among Cancer Survivors
The purpose of this study is to find out whether Tibetree Pain Relieving Plaster, an herbal pain relief patch, may be able to reduce this pain. Tibetree Pain Relieving Plaster is available as an over-the-counter (non-prescription) treatment for the temporary relief of minor aches and pains in muscles and joints. This study is the first to test this treatment in people who have had cancer.
• Age ≥ 18 years or older
• A diagnosis of cancer with no restrictions placed on type of cancer or stage. Eligibility criteria will not be restricted to MSK confirmed biopsy/diagnosis. Participating institution's testing is sufficient for other study sites
• Completed active treatment (surgery, chemotherapy, and/or radiotherapy) at least one month prior to study initiation (patients on continued hormone treatment or maintenance targeted therapies will not be excluded).
• Patients currently have no evidence of disease
• Ambulatory (Karnofsky functional score of ≥ 60)
• Having a focused location of regional musculoskeletal pain (e.g. joints, extremities, back, neck) that can be covered by one patch of PRP
• Worst pain score (numeric pain rating scale) 5 or above in the preceding week
• Pain for at least 3 months and at least 15 days with pain in the preceding 30 days; and willingness to adhere to and understanding of all study-related procedures, including randomization to one of the two possible choices
• Able to understand informed consent and provide signed informed consent form