A Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Phase 2b Study to Evaluate the Efficacy and Safety of ARO-APOC3 in Adults With Mixed Dyslipidemia
Participants who have met all protocol eligibility criteria will be randomly assigned to treatment (ARO-APOC3 or placebo) in a double-blind fashion and will be evaluted for safety and efficacy over 48 weeks. Participants will be counseled to remain on a specified diet throughout the study, as recommended by the Investigator in accordance with local standard of care. After week 48, participants will be eligible and invited to consent and continue in an open-label extension study. All placebo participants who opt to continue will switch to active drug (ARO-APOC3) during the extension study.
• Based on medical history, evidence of TG ≥ 150 mg/dL but ≤ 499 mg/dL on more than one occasion
• Fasting levels at Screening of non-HDL-C ≥ 100 mg/dL OR LDL-C ≥ 70 mg/dL after at least 4 weeks of stable diet and stable optimal statin therapy
• Mean fasting TG ≥ 150 mg/dL and ≤ 499 mg/dL during Screening collected at two separate and consecutive visits and at least 7 days apart and not more than 14 days apart
• Willing to follow diet counseling as per Investigator judgment based on local standard of care
• Participants of childbearing potential (males & females) must use highly-effective contraception during the study and for at least 24 weeks following the last dose of study medication. Males must not donate sperm and females must ot donate eggs during the study and for at least 24 weeks following the last dose of study medication.
• Women of childbearing potential must have a negative pregnancy test at Screening and cannot be breastfeeding
• Women of childbearing potential on hormonal contraceptives must be stable on the medication for ≥ 2 menstrual cycles prior to Day 1
• Willing to provide written informed consent and to comply with study requirements