Determination of the Optimal Planning Target Volume for Brain Metastases Treated With Stereotactic Radiosurgery
The purpose of this study is to estimate the rate of local control at the treated site of the metastasis as a function of 1mm versus 3mm expansion about the gross tumor volume (GTV). Each lesion, not each patient will be ranndomized to either the 1mm or 3mm margin with 40 lesions randomized to each arm.
• Age >18 years
• Life expectancy of at least 6 months.
• Karnofsky Performance Score greater than 70
• Graded prognostic assessment (GPA score 0.5 or greater
• 1 to 3 brain metastases unresectable
• Maximum tumor diameter no larger than 4cm