The purpose of this project is to study the effectiveness of teaching teens and young women with Phenylketonuria (PKU) or Maple Syrup Urine Disease (MSUD) about their disease and nutrition related issues in a camp environment. It will also look at pregnancy outcome results in women with PKU who attended Metabolic Camp and compare their results to other women with PKU who have not attended the Metabolic Camp.
• Diagnosed with PKU or other aminoacidopathy, female, age 11 or older, able to provide informed consent
• Individuals eligible to participate in this study must meet all of the following criteria:
• Adult camp counselors or staff determined to be in good health.
• Not diagnosed with PKU, MSUD or other hereditary metabolic disorder
• Willing and able to provide written informed consent
• Willing and able to comply with relevant camp guidelines and study procedures
This content was sourced from clinicaltrials.gov