Observational Study of Ostomy Consumers
The purpose of this study is to gather data over a 5-year period directly from people living with an ostomy and their caregivers. Research participants will be asked to self-report on the ostomy pouching systems they typically use and other various aspects of living with an ostomy and/or caring for an individual living with an ostomy.
• Is at least 18 years of age; any self-reported gender
• Has a single Ileostomy, Colostomy, or Urostomy
• Is able to provide an informed consent for study participation with no cognitive impairment that would hinder the ability to provide informed consent or provide self-reported data
• Is willing and able to complete a once per month online questionnaire about life with an ostomy, or has a proxy who can enter data on their behalf
• Are able to respond themselves or appoint a caregiver as a proxy to respond to online computer questionnaires in English, French Canadian, or Spanish