AtriCure CryoICE Lesions for Persistent and Long-standing Persistent Atrial Fibrillation Treatment During Concomitant On-Pump Endo/Epicardial Cardiac Surgery
The primary objective of this study is to evaluate the safety and effectiveness of the AtriCure CryoICE system in performing the Cox-Maze III lesion set, in conjunction with Left Atrial Appendage (LAA) exclusion using the AtriClip device.
• Subject is greater than or equal to 18 years of age
• Subject has history of persistent or long-standing persistent atrial fibrillation as defined by the 2017 Heart Rhythm Society (HRS)/European Heart Rhythm Association (EHRA)/ European Cardiac Arrhythmia Society (ECAS) Guidelines
• Stable Subject that is scheduled to undergo non-emergent cardiac surgical procedure(s) to be performed on cardiopulmonary bypass including open-heart surgery for one or more of the following: Mitral valve repair or replacement, Aortic valve repair or replacement, Tricuspid valve repair or replacement, and Coronary artery bypass procedures
• Left Ventricular Ejection Fraction ≥ 30% (determined by echocardiography or cardiac catheterization performed within 60 days of enrollment as documented in patient medical history)
• Subject is willing and able to provide written informed consent
• Subject has a life expectancy of at least 5 years
• Subject is willing and able to return for scheduled follow-up visits.