The purpose of this study is to to compare root canal therapy success between two root canal filler materials: 1) gutta percha (GP), 2) gutta percha modified with nanodiamonds and amoxicillin (NDGX). Gutta percha is the current standard root canal filler material used during non-surgical root canal therapy (RCT). Gutta percha modified with nanodiamonds and amoxicillin is an investigational root canal filler material, not yet FDA approved for use as described in this study. The safety and usefulness of NDGX is being tested in this study in comparison to the current standard of care, gutta percha (GP).
* Consult with your doctor before enrolling in clinical trials.
University of California, Los Angeles - Recruiting
Los Angeles, United States of America
Eric C Sung, D.D.S.
Mo K Kang, Ph.D,D.D.S.
Minimum Age: 18
Healthy Volunteers: No
- All of the patients must be over 18 years of age and in need of non-surgical RCT treatment during the consultation visit.
- Molar teeth
- Osteoporosis medication or i.v. bisphosphonates
- Dental material allergies
- Allergic to penicillin and/or amoxicillin
- Have MD consult/medically compromised/prophylaxis needed