Open Label Phase II/III, Multicenter, Trial to Assess the Efficacy, Safety, Tolerance, and Pharmacokinetics of Sofosbuvir Plus Ravidasvir in HCV (+/- HIV) Chronically Infected Adults With no or Compensated Cirrhosis in Thailand and Malaysia
This is a Phase II/III, multicenter, multi-country, trial to assess the efficacy, safety, tolerance and pharmacokinetics of sofosbuvir plus ravidasvir for the treatment of HCV infection.
• Evidence of chronic HCV infection, defined as: Positive anti-HCV antibody or detectable HCV RNA or HCV genotype at least 6 months before screening and HCV viral load ≥10^4 IU/mL at the time of screening / In subjects without documented HCV test results 6 months before screening, chronic hepatitis C infection can be assumed if risk exposures occurred > 6 months prior to screening and HCV viral load ≥10^4 IU/mL at the time of screening.
• Willing and able to provide written informed consent.
• Men and women age ≥ 18 years and < 70 years.
• Body Mass Index (BMI) of 18 to 35 kg/m2.
• Intention to comply with the dosing instructions for study drug administration and able to complete the study schedule of assessments.
• Women with a negative pregnancy test at screening and baseline.
• Women of child bearing potential who accept a highly effective contraceptive method from at least 2 weeks prior to study day 1 until 1-month post-treatment. A woman is of non-child bearing potential if she (a) reached natural menopause determined retrospectively after 12 months of amenorrhea without any other obvious medical cause or (b) had procedures like bilateral tubal ligation or hysterectomy or bilateral oophorectomy.
• Subjects who are compliant in an opioid substitution maintenance program (e.g. with methadone or buprenorphine) may be included as long as there is no concern about study medications adherence and interaction or compliance to study schedules.
• HIV/HCV co-infected patients receiving cART fulfilling the below criteria are eligible for the study: Antiretroviral therapy (ART) should have been initiated at least 6 months prior to screening / Patient has to have been on the same protocol-approved ARV regimen for ≥ 8 weeks prior to screening and is expected to continue the current ARV regimen through the end of study / HIV ARVs: agents allowed in this study should be administered per the prescribing information in the package insert / Screening HIV RNA < 50 copies/mL / Screening CD4 cell count ≥ 100 cells/uL
• HIV/HCV co-infected patients not receiving cART: Screening CD4 cell count must be ≥ 500 cells/uL