The Efficacy and Safety of a New Cross-linked Hyaluronan Gel to Prevent Adhesion After Ultrasound-guided Manual Vacuum Aspiration (USG-MVA): A Prospective Randomized Controlled Trial
The objective of this prospective, randomized controlled study was to evaluate the effectiveness of this NCH gel in the prevention of IUA development as assessed by hysteroscopy after USG-MVA, in the treatment for first-trimester miscarriage. To study the severity and extent of the IUA as assessed by the AFS and ESGE adhesion score in both groups of patients. To examine the rate of complications or side effects with the NCH gel. To assess the subsequent menstrual history and reproductive outcome in both groups of patients.
• Women 18 years old or above
• No previous history of IUA/ Asherman's syndrome
• No previous surgical history of EVA or dilatation or curettage or surgical termination of pregnancy or caesarean section
• No previous history of therapeutic hysteroscopic surgeries
• Voluntary informed consent and understanding of study