Study goals 1. Prospective longitudinal data on progression in the natural course of SPG4 in presymptomatic mutation carriers prior to clinical disease onset and in early stages of disease 2. Biomarkers providing objective measures of disease activity
* Consult with your doctor before enrolling in clinical trials.
University Hospital Tübingen, Center for Neurology - Recruiting
Ludger Schöls, Prof.
+49 7071 / 29 ext 82057
Minimum Age: 18
Maximum Age: 70
Healthy Volunteers: No
- First degree relatives (parents, offspring, and sibs) of SPG4 patients or symptomatic individuals with known SPAST mutation
- Age 18 to 70 years
- Written, informed consent (patient)
- No known SPAST-mutation within the family
- Manifest spastic gait (subclinical signs like increased deep tendon reflexes, positive Babinski sign are allowed)